Monday, February 11, 2008

London

I arrived in London last night and leave for the States in 3 hours from now (L.A. and then Portland). By the time I realized that my flight leaves in the morning and not at night, it was late in London and I decided to call it a night and not take the train into the city. That means my whole London experience is relegated to Heathrow and the adjoining Park Inn Hotel. Oh yeah, the Duty Free shops, too.

My husband said that people have been asking him what I was doing in Uganda with AFC. What project I was working on. Sherie and I were working on documenting the AFC program. By this, we were putting together scrapbooks of children at the various AFC centers and creating a video of the program. The scrapbooks were in shape to leave with the AFC staff for completion and we have the materials for the video and will complete it when we connect in the States and then send it back to AFC. At some point, Jolly will be coming back to the States and she will use the video to explain to folks what AFC does and what more it can do.

AFC is in need of funding to provide additional schools and clinics for vulnerable children and to support family restoration. There are no school buses. Children walk. There is no free education. Education is tuition-based. Without AFC, many children would receive no education at all. Many children would continue to be malnourished and in dire health. Thanks to Jolly and her staff, AFC is helping thousands of children and Sherie and I had the privilege of helping to tell their story.

No comments: